Looking for a nice gluten-free, dairy-free ice cream recipe that you can easily prepare at home..try this out
Tags: Gluten-free, Dairy Free, Peanut Free, Soy Free
- Mango 1 medium
- Coconut Cream ½ cup
- Coconut Milk 1 cup
- Sugar 40g
- Egg 1
- Egg Yolk 1 egg yolk
- Lemon Juice ½ tbsp
- Peel the mango and puree it in a blender. Pass the puree through a sieve.
- Whisk egg and egg yolk in a bowl until well combined
- Combine coconut milk, cream, and sugar in a pan and heat over medium heat until just under the boiling point.
- Stir in the beaten egg mixture and cook this custard base mixture in a pan over hot water( not boiling water)stirring continuously until custard thickens to a sauce-like consistency.
- Remove from heat and set it aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the mango puree and lemon juice. Mix well. Transfer into an ice cream tray and keep in the freezer.
- When the above mixture is half frozen, whip again with a hand blender until smooth, and return to freezer. Repeat this step 2-3 times before letting the ice cream mixture to freeze until firm.
- Serve chilled.