Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Tags: Gluten free, Peanut free, Egg Free, Soy Free
Baby Potatoes 100g
Onion ½ small
Garlic 2 cloves
Ginger ½” piece
Curd 2 tbsp
Poppy Seeds ¼ tsp
Coriander Seeds ¼ tsp
Cumin Seeds ¼ tsp
Black Peppercorns 2-3
Black Cardamom 1
Desiccated Coconut 1 tsp
Grated nutmeg a pinch
Fennel Seeds 1/8 tsp
Red Chilli Powder ¼ tsp
Turmeric Powder ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) ½ tsp
- Peel and prick potatoes all over with a fork and soak in water with 1 tsp of salt for about half an hour.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the potatoes on medium heat till brown on all sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, coconut, clove, black peppercorns, black cardamom, and nutmeg in a pan and grind them to a fine paste.
- Grind together onion, ginger, and garlic to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and add onion ginger garlic paste. Sauté till light brown.
- Now add the ground masala paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and cook on a low flame till the masala leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add curd and continue to cook on a low flame for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the fried potatoes, mix well and then add about ¼ cup of water, simmer and cook on a slow fire for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with naan or parathas.